2012 RELEVANT STATISTICS
NO OF CANDIDATES – 1,503,931
DATE OF EXAM – 24/3/2012
DATE RESULTS WERE RELEASED – 29/3/2012
QUESTIONS RELATING TO 2013 EXAM
A.Will JAMB release results within one week like it did in 2012 or will it wait till after the conclusion of the CBT alternative? Let us wait to see.
B.Should students prepare their minds for the usual annual drama covering:
– UNTIMELY RELEASE OF RESULTS BASED ON STATES OR LGAS as a result of “ongoing investigations over alleged extortion by examination officials and special centres”. Last year, the statement from Jamb was reported as follows “Prof Ojerinde said that of the eight states from which the 52 centres’ results were withheld, Rivers State topped the list with 24 centres, followed by Lagos with 11 centres while Imo had state 6.Others are Benue and Delta states with 3 centres each; Abia and Cross Rivers had 2 centres a piece while Nasarawa had only 1 centre results withheld.
– INCOMPLETE/INVALID RESULTS for “further screening” and which might be cancelled at the end of the day.
– EXAMINATION MALPRACTICES discovered during and after the exams.
– NO RESULTS YET”OR ”YOUR PIN OR SERIAL NUMBER IS INVALID” situations after the results are released.
C. And what will other statistical figures for 2013 reveal to us this week (?) as they did in 2012? Here is what Jamb gave out last year.
“Of the total of 1,503,931 candidates that sat for the 2012 UTME exams, 833, 082 were males with 660,522 females thus representing 55.78 percent and 44.22 percent respectively.
Of the total figure of over 1.5 million, 181 prisoners took part in the March 24, 2012 exams. The JAMB boss stated that the prisoners were from Kaduna and Ikoyi prisons in Lagos.
Six states top the list of highest number of candidates with Imo leading by 123, 865 candidates; Delta, 88,876; Anambra, 84,204; Osun, 73, 935; Oyo, 71, 272 and Ogun with 71, 173.Also, six states mostly northern, recorded the lowest number of candidates while all other states fell within the average.The six states are Jigawa with 11, 529 candidates; Kebbi, 7, 364; Yobe, 6, 389; Zamfara, 5, 713; Sokoto, 5,664 and FCT with 3, 380 candidates.
Candidates had preference for some universities than others.11 varsities stood out as the most preferred. They are University of Lagos with a total candidates of 83, 865; Nnamdi Azikiwe, Akwa had 82,148; UniBen, 80,048; UNN, 79, 398; Unilorin, 76,276; OAU, 64,702; ABU, 56,708; Uniport, 48,439; UniUyo, 44,397; Imo state University, 43,353 and UI, 40,011.
Experience this time is consistent with the previous trends- that Nigerians have a higher preference. For some universities ahead of other tertiary institutions.Unfortunately those universities still have constraints with 83,865 candidates recorded the highest applications of 99, 115 in 2011 UTME and from the carrying capacity figure given by National Universities Commission, NUC can admit only 9,507. These figure are only for most preferred choice and do not include those who chose Unilag as their second choice
901 candidates scored above 270 – 299; 71,339 made 250 – 269; 601, 151 scored 200 – 249; 374, 920 scored 170 – 199 while 336, 330 scored below 170.However, the board recorded a significant reduction in the number of invalid and incomplete results of 5,161 this year compared to 2011 figure of 28,069 which was also far below 2010 figure of 96,451 invalid results .”
We wait patiently for Jamb’s 2013 abracadabra
CHECKING OF RESULTS
The following is required from you when checking your 2013 Jamb Result
Personal Identification Number (PIN)
Serial Number or Registration Number
Instructions for Checking UTME 2013 Jamb Result
– Once the website opens, check the upper right side to process.
– Insert your PIN, Serial number or Registration Number
– If your result is available, you will definitely have access to it
If any one gives you any other website different from what you read here you might be wasting your time. However, some candidates last year claim to have used their phones to check through this site
USUAL PROBLEMS OR MATTERS ARISING AFTER RESULTS ARE RELEASED
-I read somewhere in the papers that the national assembly has suspended the Computer based testing. Is Jamb still going to hold CBT or not
– I lost my Jamb registration number for 2013 and can’t remember it. How do I retrieve it please?
– I tried checking for my results and I get the error ”your pin or serial number is invalid”
: I have exceeded the 3 times limit to view my Jamb result. I really need to get access to my result so that I can print it. How do I do this?
-When will the selling of UTME 2013 Change of Course/Institution Scratch cards start and end. And how much?
– Please i need help. Jamb released only 1 subject out of 4 that i registered for which is Use of English. My results in physics, chemistry, biology were not released
-When will my six chosen schools sell their post UTME form? How much will the forms cost?
When will the Post UTME Result be out?
What is my schools’ cut-offs?
What is the next course of action?
When will the admission lists:1st Batch,2nd Batch,3rd batch and supplementary be out?
REGISTER WITH US FOR POST UTME/JAMB SERVICES
TO OVERCOME ANY OF THE ISSUES LISTED UNDER PROBABLE MATTERS ARISING AND RECEIVE RELATED SERVICES AS SOLUTIONS TILL AFTER YOUR POST-UTME NOW IS THE TIME TO REGISTER WITH US AS FOLLOWS
1.FIRST GO THROUGH OUR WEBSITES TO CONVINCE YOURSELF ABOUT OUR GENUINESS OR GO THROUGH MASON COLLEGE FESTAC ON FACEBOOK TO KNOW IF WE ENGAGE OR ENCOURAGE MALPRACTICES,419 OR IN ANY DUBIOUS BUSINESS
2. THEN PAY N1500 INTO OUR ACCOUNTS AT ANY BRANCH OF UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA
MASON COLLEGE A/C NO-1005353681 OR
EDUPEDIA ASSOCIATES A/C NO -1005280011
BOTH ACCOUNTS ARE AT UBA,23RD/72RD BRANCH FESTAC,LAGOS
3, THEN SEND YOUR GSM NUMBER AND DETAILS ON YOUR PAY-IN SLIP/VOUCHER TO ANY OF THESE PHONE NUMBERS 08033010872, 08027853025,08136250561
Thereafter you will receive SMS alerts where appropriate and a helping hand where and when we must.