UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS POST-UTME PAST QUESTIONS. (GENERAL PAPER)
1. A low land between two hills is called
A . island
2. Which of this animals below is not a member of the dog family
B. German Shepherd
3. The process in which the food we eat is broken down into substance that can be used by tha body is called:
4. A frightening dream is called a
C. Night Anguish
D. Night Fear
E. None of the above
5. Which of these is not a type of Eagle?
A. Short – toed
D. All of the above
E. None of the above
6. What was the former name of Zimbabwe
C. Orange Republic
7. A system of government based on the ideological belief of equality of people and concentration of national resources in the hands of the state is called:
8. An instrument used in finding ways and navigation is called:
E. None of the above
9. A computer is made of
C. None of the above
D. A & B
E. A only
10. Which of this continent is the coldest in the world?
11. What is the name of the worlds highest mountain?
A. Mount Kilimanjaro
B. Mount Everest
C. Mount Cameroon
D. Mountain Nikoyo
E. None of the above
12. What name is the parliament of Nigeria called?
A. House of representatives
C. State House of assembly
D. National Assembly
E. All of the above
13. The parliament of United States of America is called?
A. House of Parliament
B. National Assemble
D. Assembly of Lawmaker.
Please conduct your own diligence check to be sure the suggested answers are correct.
REMEMBER TO INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO JOIN OUR FACEBOOK PAGE http://www.facebook.com/mason.collegefestac.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR PRESENCE.Make sure to share with friends.
HAVE YOU VISITED THESE PAGES?
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS(UNILAG) POSTGRADUATE/MASTERS
Most of Unilag exams are centered on the basic foundation, which is english and mathematics.
Except for few disciplines these are compulsory for majority of courses.
Here are some questions from past years for Mathematics you could use to practice.
1. Over the soccer season 30 percent of the players on a team scored goals.
What is the ratio of players on the team who scored goals to those who did not?
A. 3 to 10
B. 1 to 3
C. 3 to 7
D. 1 to 1
E. 3 to 1
2. If 10 persons meet at a reunion and each person shakes hands exactly once with each other. What is the total number of handshakes?
3. If 3 is the greatest common divisor of positive integers r and s, what is the greatest common divisor of 2r and 2s?
4. Today, Ken is three times as old as Pat. In 13 years, Ken will be one year less than twice as old as Pat will be then. How many years old is Ken today?
5. Eight students went on a class trip. If there were 14 more boys than girls on the trip how many girls were on the trip?
6. If 200 inches of rainfall were expected to fall during all of 1998, what percentage of the expected yearly rainfall was reached during this 30-day period?
7.What is the greatest number of regions into which an equilateral triangle can be divided using exactly three straight lines?
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS (UNILAG) POSTGRADUATE/MASTERS
From each numbered list, choose the word or expression which will complete the corresponding sentence correctly
1. ‘The answer to this sum is wrong. You ——- a mistake
a. must make b. must have made c. can have made d. may have made
2. ‘When you are ready, you ——- go’
a. may b. can’t c. ought not to d. would
3. ‘I wonder where Okeke is. He ——– by now’.
a. ought to arrive b. ought to have arrived c. must arrive d. can’t have arrived
4. ‘Hurry up, it’s time to go’, ‘Surely, it
a. can’t be b/ must be c. mustn’t be d. can be
5. Bridget: I’ll have to go, now, Ada: Surely you ——- go yet’
a. mustn’t b. need to c. don’t need to d. have go to
6. Musa: ‘Where’s Aliu?’ Hassan: ‘He’s not here. He ——- early’.
a. must have to leave b. must leave c. had left d. must have left
7. Lanre: I wish you would drive more carefully, Yemi. You ——- someone just then
a. might have to hit b. had to hit c. could have hit d. must have hit
WORD AND OPPOSITE Each question below consists of a word in capital letters, followed by four lettered-words or phrases. Choose the word or phrase that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the word in capital letters. Since some of the questions require you to distinguish fine shades of meaning, consider all the choices before deciding which is best.
8. HESITATE (a) dishearten (b) reprove (c) decide (d) signify
9. STAMINA (a) lack of stability (b) lack of endurance(c) lack of restraint (d) sudden disturbance
10 BUSTLE (a) repair (b) cooperate fully (c) move slowly(d) speak clearly
10. PRODIGIOUS (a) intellectual (b) adult (c) microscope
11. SPECIOUS (a) typical (b) narrow (c) golden (d) tenseness (d) insignificance
Choose the most appropriate meaning to each of the underlined IDIOMATIC EXPRESSIONS from the options provided.
11. His unannounced departure from Nigeria was like a bolt from the blue
(a) unwelcome (b) derelict (c) interesting (d) sudden
12. The new trade figures appear to be a shot in the arm.
(a) a precedence (b) an impetus (c) topsy-turvy (d) solvent
13. The president is going from state to state stirring his stunts
(a) organising his campaign
(b) interrogating some party offenders
(c) canvassing with members of his constituency
(d) seeking support of his followers
1. Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies website: www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, click on the 2013/2014 application.
2. Click the pre-application form link; provide the required information and submit to obtain a Payment Voucher. You are expected to print out the payment voucher.
3. Make Payment to any branch of WEMA BANK Plc, ECOBANK Plc, ACCESS BANK Plc, UNITED BANK FOR AFRICA Plc, ZENITH BANK Plc, GUARANTY TRUST BANK Plc and FIRST BANK Plc. (Details of the designated Bank branches are listed on-line at the SPGS website.
Applicants are expected to provide printed payment voucher for bank payments. Payment for Application Form is N20,000.00 (Twenty Thousand Naira.4. After payment, return to School of Postgraduate Studies website: http://www.unilagspgs.edu.ng, click the 2013/2014 Application link, then Application Form link, login with Payment Reference Number as username and provide surname in lowercase as password.
5. Click the Edit Application form link to fill the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15 kb in size and must be in white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
6. Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button. After submission, applicants will be required to print the completed Application Form and Acknowledgement Slip. This will be required for submission before entrance examination.
7. Candidates are required to LAMINATE their Acknowledgment Slip after printing.
Kindly note that if payment is not made five (5) days after obtaining payment voucher, the pre-application would be deleted. Applicants will then be expected to refill the pre-application form to obtain a new payment voucher.
All academic Transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration.
All M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates must contact the Department for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
Hard copies of the Application Forms with Credentials are to be submitted in the respective Departments.
For further information, please contact:
Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary,
School of Postgraduate Studies,
University of Lagos, Akoka.
Tel. No: 8902566 or 01-7403307.
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit SPGS
Here Are More Post-utme Past Questions for Practice…are You Still Paying for What Is Supposed to Be Free? (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
For Past Post Utme Questions and Some Answers Visit This Page (edupedianigeria.wordpress.com)
Do You Still Want Free Post-utme Past Questions and Some Answers As Those Posted Here? (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)