Your school fees have been increased astronomically and your father has threatened to transfer you to another school.Write a letter to him giving,at least,three reasons why you would like to remain in your present school
24, Adelabu Street,
Off Western Avenue,
I am aware of the increment in my school fees and I believe that my school Principal and Proprietor have good reasons for the unexpected increase in the school fees. The Principal told us that the money would be used to update many amenities being used by us. These include the science laboratories, food and nutrition laboratory, the library and the school farm. As users of these amenities we students are confident that the school’s standard of sound education would increase.
Daddy, leaving my present school may also lead me to repeating a class because I am in SS2 and I have less than one school session to finish my secondary school education.
Daddy, I am also used to my various subject teachers because they have all got the listening ear and I might as well not be able to cope in a new environment which the school you are about to take me to might provide.
Lastly, Daddy you know that a school, like our family, is an agent of socialization. It is of course also a place for getting my formal education. I am proud to say that my present school portrays the quality of our home where all students pray like a family on assembly ground. Interactive sessions are also held where we learn how to lend helping hands to those who are in need. In addition, we have also formed reading groups to increase our vocabulary. These are some of the positive things I might lose if I move to another school.
In conclusion, Daddy, the astronomical increase in the school fees is for the benefit of all students in the school in order to have a sound and conducive learning area. I sincerely hope and pray you will change your mind,Daddy.
(Please move first four and last two lines of the letter (answer) to the right hand side)
- 10 More Past Questions on Formal Letters for Waec/neco Practice (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
- Waec/neco English Language…the Elements of Quality Essays…school Moments to Treasure No 157 (edupedianigeria.wordpress.com)
- Current Waec Syllabuses for May/june and Oct/nov Exams-maths,physics,chemistry,further Maths (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
- Current Waec Syllabuses for May/june and Oct/nov Exams-applied Electricity,tech.drawing,visual Art (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
- Past Questions on Articles/narrative Essays for Waec/neco Exams (part 2) (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
- Past Questions on Argumentative/debate/speech Waec/neco Essays (part 2) (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)
- Current Waec Syllabus for May/june and Oct/nov Exams-english Language (lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com)