(NOTE:THE TWO WEBSITES ABOVE IN GREEN ARE NOT RELIABLE.JUST GOOGLE “JAMB WEBSITE” INSTEAD)
We hope you are now convinced about what we posted earlier in November 2013 about the general books to be studied for the Use of English paper.You can read this page again...https://lagosbooksclub.wordpress.com/2013/11/24/jamb-20142015-remindersread-before-you-fill-your-application-form-part-1/
Thanks for asking us.
Advantages of Computer Based Test (CBT)(provided by jamb on its website)
– Improvement of the Board’s service delivery.
– Reduction of incidences of breaches of examination security.
– Making Nigeria operate global best practices.
– Lower long-term costs.
– Instant feedback to students.
– Greater flexibility with respect to locations and timing.
– Improved reliability.
– Improved impartiality.
– Greater storage efficiency.
– Enhanced question styles which incorporate interactivity and multimedia.
– Enhanced presentation of items.
– Unrestricted by the physical limitations of test booklets, computer administered test.
– Allows subsequent changes to an answer without the uncertainty of knowing whether a poorly erased answer might invalidate the new selection.
– Immediate score reporting
– Ability to track and display the time remaining on the examination.
– Opportunity to review any questions on the examination. You can change answers, mark or skip questions. Should your time expire while taking the examination, all answers, regardless of how they are marked, will be calculated into your score.
– Computer Based Testing (CBT) has emerged as one of the recent innovative approaches to assessments by Examination Bodies.
– New and more complex item formats can be administered (ICILS).
– Adaptive (targeted) testing can be used to get more precise measures in shorter testing time (ETLS).
– Skills needed to act efficiently in technology rich environments can only be assessed through CBT.
– No cost for printing and data entry.
– It reduces Paper.
– It reduces printing transportation.
– Reduces administration costs
– Improves security of the testing enterprise.
– Immediate test scoring (Poggio, Glasnapp, yang and Poggio, 2005).
– It is reliable, Robust, flexible.
– Time analysis of responses to the question level to better discriminate between candidates.
– Item banks and randomization of items and response orders to reduce cheating.
– Automated analysis of results of entire candidates.
– Improved Security.
– Access to interactive item formats.
CHOOSE THE CBT AND SAVE YOURSELF FROM ALL THE WAHALA USUALLY ASSOCIATED WITH THE PPT!